Monday, July 30, 2018

FOBB Bust

As I was getting ready to head out the door for FOBB, my wife asked THE question, "Are you doing anything today?"  Without going into any longwinded explanation or making any excuses, let's just suffice it to say I didn't participate in FOBB yesterday. And to keep things straight, the decision was totally mine. I decided that I'd rather spend the day with my beautiful bride than behind the radio.

Priorities.

Bob W3BBO pointed me towards a neat video that I am re-posting here. It was done by Stan WB2LQF:


;

That's the same chair that I bought to use for portable ops. I like the idea of the tape measure counterpoise, but I don't think I want to permanently bolt the PVC tube mast holder to the chair. I'm thinking that perhaps bungee cording the mast to the chair (temporarily) will work better for me.

Hopefully, this coming Sunday may present some free time where I can experiment and see what works best for my circumstance.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that Larry. FOBB was a lot of fun. Bands were only so so, but the fun factor was nice given our weather was darn near perfect. 20 was the money band for me. FYI I tried both a vertical (Wolf River Coil) and an endfed. The endfed won the day most decidedly. YMMV of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Michael 20 was the money band but there was not much money for me.Seemed the stations I worked were western states and very weak on my set up.Notice a lot more eastern stations registered for skeeter hunt. AG4P

    ReplyDelete