Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January NAQCC Sprint


I had a meeting to attend tonight that lasted way longer than I had anticipated.  It didn't let out until close to 10:00 PM.  By the time I got home, there was only 15 minutes left of NAQCC Sprint time left.  With that, I made 5 QSOs.  I can only imagine what a nice total I could have had if I had the full two hours!  Oh well, maybe next month.

One of my goals for this year was to increase my activity.  A good way to do that is to participate in these monthly QRP Sprints - the Run For the Bacon, NAQCC, ARS Spartan Sprint.  I am also going to do my darndest this year to participate in the "other" Sprints - FYBO, FOBB, QRP-ARCI events, MI QRP events and the like.  Not to win, as I don't have the aluminum in the air to be a serious contender; but as a "Giver of Points", I should be in good shape.  And then there are the social events like the Polar Bear Moonlight Madness Events - I am hoping all these will help for a healthy year, Amateur Radio-wise.

I am sure you have noticed a lot of Web sites that have been talking about SOPA and PIPA.  I think these laws were proposed with good and noble intentions in mind; but as written, are too likely to fall prey to "The Law of Unintended Consequences".  For a good explanation of all this, I would direct you here.  I am not good at explaining stuff like this, but this file is a good comprehensive read.  If you don't want to see a lot of good material that is available on the Web, up and disappear, it really is time to let your legislators know how you feel. This would affect ALL of us.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment