Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Kudos to 4RN

Sitting here trying to work Dale WC7S, the "second Fox" in the 80 Meter QRP Foxhunt. I already grabbed a pelt from Jim N0UR.  All of a sudden, without warning 4RN tries to call up the net on frequency, right on top of Dale.  A cacophony of "QRL"s and "PSE QSY"s erupted from many of the Hounds.  And lo and behold, they did!

I wish the WVN (West Virginia Net) was as compliant.  When the NCS came on frequency, calling up the net without a "QRL?" and I in turn did send a "QRL", I was answered with a "YES".  I guess he couldn't grasp the fact that I wasn't asking; but was telling. The lack of a "?" on my part should have been an indicator. Sigh.

And ....the 2012 streak is still going, 17 days into January. Over half the month is over and I've made at least one QSO each day so far.  Many days, I've made more. Woo Hoo - big deal, right?

The other day, I successfully worked the PJ4C DXpedition.  I caught a look at their Web page today, and to be honest with you, I was kind of amazed.  I was blown away by the scope of their operation. Really - for Bonaire?  I didn't think it was that rare or needed.  But to be honest with you, if I had a shot to go to a Caribbean Island right now, I'd jump at the chance!

Never worked Dale WC7S, by the way.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Larry, one qso a day is enough for me, somewhere at a silent place.I avoid pile ups and contests, too busy and crowded for me. The last two weeks I test the Opera software (new digital mode) a kind of QRSS. At daytime on 30 meter and at night on 80 m. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry your operating streak is very admirable. You're a prolific and skilled blogger too. My XYL likes to keep me busy, so sometimes I'm forced to operate and blog like a POW, lucky to get my signal out whenever I can.
    Take very good care. Tom, AB9NZ http://radiotelegrapher.posterous.com/

    ReplyDelete