Thursday, January 26, 2012

This is a good thing

Looks like the 40 Meter QRN is going to knock me out of the QRP-L Foxhunt for tonight - again!  It's a good thing I am 80 Meter capable.  In a bit, I'll go down and get a few QSOs in the log before turning in for the night.

The good thing, that I mention in the post title is that I am noticing that as I spend more time on the air, I spend less time on the Web.  And the time I do spend on the Web, is Amateur Radio related.  I might check Facebook for a minute or two just to see what Ham friends are up to, but not much more than that.  And the news sites are filled with politics and sensationalism, which gets my blood boiling, so I am better off staying away from those, too.  There hasn't been true news coverage in this country for decades anyway, as today everything is either infotainment or an editorial disguised as news.

Blogging about Ham Radio, e-mail and Ham Radio Web pages - what more could you want, anyway?  Well, if you're not a Ham, a lot more I suppose; but ..........

By the way, before I forget to mention this . For those of you out there who enjoyed operating the K6JSS/X stations in 2011 - please take note that you only have until February 29th to send in your logs for a certificate denoting your accomplishments.  The details can be found here.  Don't feel that just because you didn't work all 50 that you'll be left out in the cold.  Nothing could be further from the truth, my friends!  If you worked as few as 20 states, you are still entitled to a piece of wallpaper for your humble shack.

I finally did a formal count of the K6JSS/X stations that I worked in 2011.  I ended up working 47 states. The three that I missed were South Dakota, New Mexico and Oregon (how the heck did I miss Oregon?).

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment