Thursday, January 05, 2012

Thank God for 80 Meters!

Because the QRP Foxhunt on 40 Meters was a bust.  20 over S9 noise.  Unless you were three houses down from me, beaming a kilowatt towards me, I wasn't about to hear you.

But on 80 Meters, for the previous almost an hour, I had engaged in a really FB QSO with Gary N2ESE.  Gary is also a New Jersey resident, all of about 26 miles from me.  We've worked each other in many a Sprint; but this was a nice change of pace.  Gary's TenTec Omni was putting a 599 +++ signal into the aether and for another evening, the copy was armchair quality.

Earlier in the evening, I was perusing the latest QST, CQ and Sprat.  Gosh, I wish I had the ability to come up with designs and circuits like the guys who write articles for those publications.  Not everyone can be a KD1JV, I guess.  The rest of us have to be content building the designs of the trailblazers.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment