Sunday, May 16, 2010

New monitor

I awoke this morning, to hear from my lovely wife that "something is wrong with the computer, the screen is all white!". Sure enough, the Dell LCD monitor that I had purchased via eBay two years ago, had given up the ghost. I knew that it had to be the monitor and not the "brand new" computer; but to double check, I plugged it into the netbook to get the same display .... nothing.

I had to go to Target to buy a piece of poster board, so that Joey could finish up his science fair project. While I was there, I decided to see what they had in the way of monitors; and it so happened that they had a very nice Acer 19" monitor on sale. There was one left; so I swapped it up. I very distinctly remembered last year, when they had the great deal on Acer netbooks; and I hesitated, only to lose out. So I guess the old saying is true, "He who hesitates is lost."

We desperately needed the monitor, anyway, as Joey and I had to come onto the Web to print out a nice chart of the electromagnetic spectrum for his science fair display. The project is all done now and is ready to be taken to school tomorrow morning. I hope the first fledgling steps towards a radio hobby have begun. At least the seeds have been planted .... even if they take years to germinate, it will have been well worth it.

72 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment