Wednesday, May 05, 2010

VE session

I attended a VE session this evening, to help out an old friend Drew W2OU. This session was the culmination of an Amateur Radio class that was offered by Jeff AC2X. There were 12 candidates taking exams and Drew wanted some extra VEs on hand to grade tests, sign 605 forms, Certificates of Successful Completion, and in general keep things flowing.

It was a nice session with a variety of tests being given - Technician, General and Extra. I wish I could say that every single candidate passed; but the majority did. And those that didn't were very upbeat and were eager to find out where and when the next local exam session would be held.

Drew is an experienced VE and runs a nice, tight ship. The session was run in a well organized, well thought out, thorough and efficient manner. It was nice to "get back in the saddle" via his test session; and I look forward to doing this again in the near future.

By the way, you might notice at the top of the page, I have added headers for new pages. Over the next few weeks, I am going to migrate most of the information from http://www.w2lj.qrpradio.com/ to here. I will weed out the old and will add some new stuff as well. This way, everything will located all at one handy place, rather than have people shuffle back and forth from somewhere else.

72 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment