Friday, July 02, 2010

What a week !

At work this week, my partner and I were faced with the task of getting close to 400 Dell R610 servers ready for install. It was one hectic week of unboxing and labeling servers with their host names and then organizing them by asset#. Certain assets have to go into certain cabinets; and we had to organize them against spreadsheets that we were given. I still have to go in on Sunday to finish labeling the last 200 or so. These need to be ready for first thing Tuesday AM. Needless to say, I am fried - a few Ibuprofen and early to bed for me tonight! My bones are aching and my head is spinning. At least I'm not wearing that boot on my foot anymore!

Keep in mind that Sunday night is the Michigan QRP Club's Independence Day Sprint. For all the details, please visit: http://www.miqrp.org/contest.html I am really hoping to join in on this; as with the wacky schedule of events that I am looking at - daughter's swim meet, yard work, house cleaning, work on Sunday afternoon - this may be my only "on air" time that I get this weekend.

Right now, as I am typing this, my dog Jesse is securely nestled at my feet. The town of Scotch Plains (one town over) is having their fireworks display tonight and the booms and blasts seem to upset Jesse more and more as he grows older. He is a Brittany and will be 11 years old this year. He is such a good dog - my father in law, when he was alive, always used to say, "This dog doesn't have a mean bone in his body". And it's true! I pity any burglar that would enter our house - be prepared to be slobbered to death!



72 de Larry W2LJ

1 comment:

  1. Hi Larry, a dog is a man best friend. Nice picture. My dog (7 months old) run off this morning in our neighbourhood. We must search for over a hour. Finally we found her. Have a nice weekend, 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete