Sunday, September 12, 2010

When that winning lottery ticket becomes a reality!



Video courtesy of Alan N5NA (ex WB5GVE)

On another note, I did manage to get some "On Air" time this weekend.  Not much, just a little.  17 Meters was open Saturday afternoon and I worked Oscar EA1DR.  Be sure to check out Oscar's QRZ page.  With the antenna set up that he has, I think he could have heard me if I had been using 500 mW to a wet noodle!  To say that Oscar has an impressive antenna farm is an understatement.  I wish that there had been more activity on 17 Meters.  I really like that band; and whenever 20 Meters is decently open, I always go up to 17 Meters with fingers crossed.

This afternoon, 20 Meters seemed open; but once again, I was plagued by that very intermittent, but severe neighborhood QRN.  I heard some 599 stations; but the noise was beginning to give me a headache, so I went down to 40 Meters. It was like a breath of fresh air, there!  I called CQ and on the first over, I got a call from Rick VE3MG in St. Mary's, Ontario.  Rick and I had a pleasant QSO. He was using his Yaesu FT950 at 100 Watts to his centerfed Zepp, while I was on the K2 and the G5RV.  Seems we're both CW aficionados as neither of us have microphones attached to any of our HF rigs!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment