Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Feeling strange

Physically, I'm fine.  My allergies are acting up; but that's nothing to write home about.

Regarding Ham Radio, however, I currently seem to be in a bit of a malaise, if you will.

"How can that be?", you might ask. I think that one of the major contributing factors is that I am severely lacking in one precious commodity - spare time.  Or maybe it's the time change back to Standard Time that occurred last weekend.  By the time I get home from work, it's already dark outside, making it feel later than it is.  After dinner, time is used up by reviewing homework and then maybe a small house chore or two (last night I had to install a new doorbell).  By the time I have time for radio, my body is more ready for the bed than my hand is ready for the key.

Weekends are spent with soccer games, grocery shopping, raking leaves, not to mention trying to get the house ready for Thanksgiving guests.  Sheesh, Turkey Day is only two weeks away!

One help was reading a post from Dan KB6NU's blog entitled, "Carving Out Time for Ham Radio".  I realized that I just have to make some time for myself, too - even if it's just a half hour or so. It's not like I am lacking for projects to complete, or DX to chase or Code to pound out.

Experience is a great teacher; and I know these things run in cycles.  My funk this week will be replaced by excitement about something or other, real soon.  At least I have the Winter QRP Foxhunts to keep me motivated.  Tuesday and Thursday nights will be beacons of activity for at least until March 2012.

And as if knowing that I needed it, my good friend Jim W1PID has posted of another outdoor New Hampshire adventure - this always gets my Ham Radio "juices" flowing!     http://www.w1pid.com/shute_field/shute_field.html

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment