Friday, January 11, 2013

Hobby Lobby and Home Depot

Will be two destinations on my agenda for the weekend.

On AmateurRadio.com, where this blog is "re-posted", Ed AD7GR planted the seed about constructing my own single lever paddle.  Take a look at his work here.

I do not have the tools necessary to fabricate a key on the order of his.  What beautiful work and craftsmanship!

But maybe for a few bucks I can buy some items and come up with a simple (keyword, there) serviceable single lever paddle on my own.  It may not look the best and may not work as beautifully as something crafted by Ed or Rich, WB9LPU (whom I admire greatly) - but there is something to be said for the journey of starting and following through on the attempt.

Who knows, maybe I'll learn a thing or two or three or four in the process (undoubtedly).  I already have some ideas that I will incorporate from various home brew single lever paddles that I have investigated via Google on the Web.  Maybe I'll name my rendition the Franken-key or something like that.

I will keep you all posted with full descriptions and photos - be it a success or a failure.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment