Monday, May 13, 2013

Looking at other blogs

Two blogs that I would like to point out, just in case you haven’t visited them.

The first is the post by Tom K4SWL on the “QRPer” entitled “VA3OOG covers Bowie like no other”. After reading Tom’s account, I have seen this covered on some of the Internet news services. This is a really cool video and the fact that Commander Hadfield is a fellow Amateur Radio op is just over the top. Thanks, Tom, for picking up on that. This should put to rest the notion that we Hams are all just geeky nerds without an artistic bone in our bodies.

The second post appeared in John “K3WWP’s Diary”. Just as I got all pumped up for having successfully worked Z81X on Saturday, I read in John’s diary how he did it quite “easily” (a term he uses more than once) with QRP. For having succumbed to “the Dark Side” and for having used 85 Watts, I bow humbly before the QRP Master. I think I had better send in my QRP credentials to the QRP-ARCI, as I obviously lost the faith and did not fully give QRP the chance it deserved. ;)

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. John K3WWP is definitely 'da Man! He amazes me every day!

    Keep the power down Larry! (in all probability; having the extra power, I would have done the same thing)

    It's an awful temptation to use it!

    ReplyDelete