Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

I spent the day being a Father.

Got up, went to church with the family and spent the rest of the afternoon redoing the landscaping in front of the house.  The severe heat of Summer '10 and the severe cold of Winter '10/'11 did in about seven plants.  I took the old ones out weeks ago; but thanks to a VERY wet May, I didn't get replacements in until today. 

I got on the air for a few minutes this afternoon and didn't hear a whole heckuva lot on the bands.  Unless it was just me, signals seemed sparse and nothing too loud on 15, 17 and 20 Meters.  I baited the hook with some fat, juicy CQs; but got no bites.

I also issued a few more Bee numbers this afternoon.  Notable requests came from Dave Benson K1SWL, owner of Small Wonder Labs.  I've built a few of Dave's offerings and they always work great - first time every time.  It's nice to know he will be joining us for FOBB.

Also issued a number was Steve WG0AT, of Rooster and Peanut fame.  Steve was issued Bee # 161.  And I issued # 162 as an honorary (and it will be the only honorary number issued) to Rooster and Peanut.  Steve didn't ask for this, it was something I decided to do on  my own.  R & P faithfully follow Steve on his adventures, and even though they won't be operating (although that would be a kick in the head, wouldn't it?) they get a number for carrying gear, if nothing else.

Steve and friends (human AND goat) went on a camping/fishing trip to  Powderhorn Lakes in Colorado.  He took his ATS3B and Buddipole along for some different "fishing" in case the under water ones didn't bite.  If you want to see some really beautiful photos, take a gander here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/goathiker/Powderhorn#

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment