Wednesday, June 08, 2011

You win some and lose some!

Well, you win some and you lose some.

I did end up working K6JSS/9 this evening on 40 Meters. Jack KK0I was at the key and we completed a QSO even though summer time QRN has begun with a vengeance.  Speaking of summer time conditions, it peaked out at about 99F (37C) here in NJ today. It's supposed to be even hotter tomorrow with higher humidity.  Since I got home from work, I have been hanging out in the basement shack, as it is nice and cool down here - only 76F (24C).  The air conditioning is on the fritz and picked the perfect time to give up the ghost on me.

Where I lost?  I heard 7Z1HL, Harry in Saudi Arabia on 20 Meters at 14.025 MHz.  He was decently loud - about 569 with QSB.  This is the very first time that I can even remember hearing Saudi Arabia on the air.  I tried and I tried, but no dice with only 5 Watts.

Oh well.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment