Monday, June 20, 2011

No cakewalk

Looks like working Washington state as K6JSS/7 is going to be an effort.  John K7HV is on; but he's 449 at best when the QSB dies down.  I've been calling for the better part of an hour now and he's not hearing me.  I can hear him working other East coast stations; but it appears my signal is being trounced by other QRPers.

On the other hand, John K4BAI answered my CQ on 20 Meters and he was the loudest I have ever heard him. He was a good 579 here in NJ and I got a 579 back from him.  And I also had a short QSO with Terry WA0ITP. So it was nice meeting two old friends on the air.

As I finish typing this, I just finished an attempted QSO with K6JSS/7. But I am not sure that John got my info right.  I will consider this a bust and will try again another night.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment