Thursday, June 02, 2011

June 2011 CQ

Let me start off with a disclaimer.  I do not work for CQ magazine; or any of its subsidiary publications.  I do know Rich Moseson W2VU; and in a small way, he's partly responsible for this blog.  Rich was at the "Take Your Kids to Work Day" at the IEEE in Piscataway, NJ.  It was my experiences that day that kicked off this blog back in 2005.

That all being said and gotten out of the way - have you gotten and looked at the June 2011 edition of CQ?  This month's edition is devoted to the theme, "Take it to the Field".  It's about time someone devoted an issue to this!  QRPers have been preaching this subject for years - nice to see it go "mainstream".  If you're not a regular subscriber to CQ, then I would advise a trip to the local news stand, or perhaps your local Borders or Barnes and Noble.  This issue is a keeper.

Speaking of operating out in the field, handing out numbers for The Flight of the Bumblebees is going quite well. We're up to Bee # 148.  I've gotten a lot of Stateside and Canadian Hams looking for numbers - but no DX Hams.  I know the "official rules" state that the contest is from 1700 to 2100 UTC - but if any of you QRPers over on the Continent want to operate for four hours in the afternoon on the last Sunday in July where you are - I'd be happy to hand out Bee numbers to DX stations too.  No need to keep this event strictly a W/VE affair.  You guys should join in on the fun, too!  All I ask is that you follow the same basic rules and keep the exchange the same.  Forward your logs, photos and stories and results to me and I'll list  separate European, Asian, African, South American, Australian results. However I manage to figure it out!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment