Thursday, December 22, 2011

40 Meters is quite long tonight

I can't hear either Fox tonight.  One is in New York and the other is in Wisconsin.  However, the Russian "D" beacon is quite loud, as are some stations that I am hearing from Cuba and Brazil.

Maybe the strange propagation is tied to the weather (not!) ?  It was close to 60F here today in New Jersey.  It feels a lot more like Easter than Christmas.  Hard to believe that Christmas is only two days away!  I have all my shopping done.  Now comes the gift wrapping and baking.  I hope to get a majority of both done tomorrow night.

I will listen around for a bit more; but it's a strange night when I don't hear any chasing Hounds in addition to not hearing Foxes.  This is a shame as the neighborhood QRN has taken the night off and my ambient band noise level is only a bar or two on the K2's display.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Been listening to PV8ADI from Brazil on 40 too, and actually worked RD3A in Moscow a few days ago. Got CM8AKD in Cuba this morning.

    I can't believe 40 meters is this long! It's rare that I work DX on this band. Somethings definitely up...

    John N8ZYA

    ReplyDelete