Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I am a very happy camper

even though I never was able to work Rene in the Foxhunt tonight.

I came up to our bedroom with the laptop to give one final look at e-mail for the night and there it was, the announcement that Elecraft was accepting orders for the KX3.

Quicker than Santa sliding on down the chimbley, I clicked on the provided hyperlink and got my order in. Within seconds, I received the e-mail confirming that my order has been accepted. A KX3, autotuner and roofing filters will be on their way to New Jersey somewhere during the first quarter of 2012, hopefully!

Looking back on it, it took over three months for me to get my PFR3A after I had placed that order.  The KX3 should be here around February or so - a walk in the park by comparison!

There is a certain contentment knowing that a KX3 will be on its way sooner, rather than later (by that I mean a year or two down the road).  Thanks Eric and Wayne and all at Elecraft for your hard work!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment