Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel

For those of you around my age and older, that phrase that I used for my title should be familiar to you.  For you young-uns, I will explain.

Back in the late 60s, WABC aired a weekly Batman television show.  Actually, it was on two nights a week - Tuesday and Wednesday nights if I remember correctly.  Anyway, it was done as a serial, like the old movies. The adventure that was started on Tuesday was continued and finished the next night.  The announcer would always exhort watchers at the end of the first show, "Tune in tomorrow. Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel".

And so it went for me with T32C.  Second night, same band and approximately the same time.  But this time my signal was QRP and this time the Butternut HF9V did get the job done! (BTW, that works out to approximately 1,155 miles per Watt)

Kudos to the superb ops out there.  I have seen that many QRPers are getting them; and I even heard tonight's op come back to a W1 station that signed /QRP.  That seemed to get his attention; but on the whole I don't recommend signing /QRP when working DX.  The faster you make your call heard, the better the chance of being worked.  I guess there are always exceptions to the rule, though. YMMV.

Good luck to all of you out there - you have three weeks to get your signal to them.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Larry, congratulations on getting the QRP signal down to T32C. 1,155 can get you a very nice piece of wallpaper from QRPARCI club. You have encouraged me to give T32C a go with my QRP setup and see how it goes. As for "same bat time......" It brings back memories of after school sitting down with a snack and watching batman. For me also at lunch is was Yabba dabba doooo time. That as well may have to be decoded for the younger readers of the blog....

    ReplyDelete