Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Interesting

I was browsing e-Bay today, looking into the possibility of perhaps bidding on an Acer for the shack.  For the heck of it, I decided to also look at my saved search for "QRP"  I came across this antenna:


Looks like a Buddipole - doesn't it?  In fact, a closer look reveals kind of a PAC-12/Buddipole hybrid:


The antenna is manufactured up in Canada and $185 US will get you one.  You need to supply your own mast and coax.  The Buddipole, on the other hand looks like this:


 $14 more will get you different arms, coax, a carrying case and the Versa-Tee.  I am not endorsing either antenna, it's just the first time I've ever seen a Buddipole "knockoff" made available.  I've seen plenty of guys copy Jim Bennet KA5DVS's PAC-12 antenna and offer it for sale; but never an iteration of the Buddipole.

Interesting.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Larry, it really looks good. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, yes and they sell the same half antenna to be use as vertical like the budstick. Never have one on hand to see how well and effective it is, but looks nice and strong.

    Milton, NP4KT

    ReplyDelete