Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Woo Hoo !!!!

The mailman was good to W2LJ today!  The Ladder-Grabber arrived today as well as the Vibroplex bug weights (which I never DID find, BTW - although I'm certain they'll pop up now!).  I have a meeting tonight; or else I'd be down in the basement playing with the Bug-Napper that Rich WB9LPU sent me.  That will be my treat to look forward to tomorrow night.  I will let you all know how it goes; and maybe I can even post some video.

I've gotten some nice comments about last night's post referencing the importance of spacing in sending good code.  I have to relate this.  About an hour or so after I posted that, I was back on 40 Meters working Randy K7TQ as K6JSS/7 (I posted that as a "PS").  After working him, I was listening to a Ham (I'm so sorry that I did not catch the call sign) on down the band who had the most beautiful fist I've heard in such a long time.  He was sending between 35-40 WPM (that's the "fringe zone" for me); but it was sent so wonderfully that the words were just popping into my brain like I was reading a printed page.  I don't think it was keyboard sending as the gent made a few mistakes so you could tell he was sending with either paddles or perfectly with a bug. 

What a delight!  And the other person that he was communicating with was no slouch, either.  They both sent beautifully and it was just a pleasure to listen to this ragchew between two really superb fists.  You could tell these two folks have taken a lot of time and have given a lot of effort to perfect their craft.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment