Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Tough day

at work today.  Lately, it seems like there is no shortage of tough days at work.

To make up for it, I was delighted to see the March issue of CQ magazine in the mailbox when I got home.  That really brightened up the day.  CQ, WorldRadio and QRP Quartely are my favorites and I always enjoy reading them.  CQ has a nice balance of contest, technical and "Ham-interest" articles.  Hats off to Rich Moseson W2VU and the entire CQ staff for continuously putting out a fine publication.

I had to chuckle to myself.  Lately on QRP-L, there's a thread going on entitled "Lost".  It seems one of our QRP brethren has misplaced a rig.  That has to be something unique to QRPers.  I doubt there's any other facet of Amateur Radio where a rig can be so easily misplaced, outside of a VHF or UHF handheld, of course.  But this topic kind of dovetailed with my post the other night about misplacing my Vibroplex weights.  I still haven't found them; but feel just so ever slightly better to know that I'm not the only one.

The temperatures in the Central NJ area are upward bound.  We still have our days where we are reminded that Ol' Man Winter still dominates; but days with highs in the 40s and 50s are becoming more common.  I haven't seen the first robin of Spring, or even the first crocus; but Daylight Saving Time resumes the next weekend after this upcoming one.  It will be lighter, later; and that's always a good thing.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment